Monday, February 1, 2010

The big blizzard of 2010



Friday came with lots of snow and some ice this week. It was beautiful and always seems to quiet the world, even if only for a few moments. We spent friday at home watching the snow fall and doing laundry. That night I made my first homemade organic pizza, which was really very good if I do say so myself. Then watched The Soloist, which was a bit of a disappointment compared to the book and also a bit depressing. We watched the news and anticipated that the inches would just keep coming through the night. We awoke Saturday to 6+ inches on the ground. It was truly majestic, almost like we were transported over night to a winter vacation. Nashville usually gets snow a couple times a year but more than 2 inches is very rare, so we planned to take full advantage of it! Carrie and Dad suited up and headed out to test the driveway and hill, while I made beignets or as Cale called them "Sno-nuts", I think because they are covered in powdered sugar and look a lot like snow. After breakfast we all bundled up and headed out to sled. I don't have any snow pants for Cale so he wore an old pair of Carrie's, that will explain why they are purple...ssshhh don't tell Jacob! We decided that an oversized metal pan was the perfect thing for some speed, it took several tries but we finally managed to master the slippery art of downhill. Cale was not 100% sure about the whole thing but he was a good sport and at least tried it. I'm not sure I blame him though, sliding down a hill on a glorified cookie sheet is a bit nuts :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment